Tuesday, May 22, 2012

God is Watching Over Me


Who knew I'd have to switch driving hands seconds before so I could put the phone to my right ear to hear my mama a little  better.
Who knew I could have only made that sharp swerve with a now 'free' left hand.
Who knew I would be sitting sideways under a crossroad's traffic light, shaking uncontrollably.
Who knew that black truck that came barreling through his red light at the intersection would come within inches of plowing through my two children and me.  (and, just a FYI, kept right on truckin it...)


Who knew? 
The One who was watching over me, that's who.


When I straightened my van up, and started back up the road again, the same One who was watching over me put these words in my heart.  And when I reached my destination, through tears of gratitude, I put these words on paper...

Sometimes I wonder if He even sees me
And I wonder, does He know I'm 'bout to fall
Then He reaches down His hand to me
And quietly He lets me see
He was always with me when I thought I was alone


God is watching over me and He hears me when I pray
He reaches down His hand and blesses me each day
And like the little sparrow I am not afraid
For He's watching...over me.


Sometimes it takes a little bit of trouble
To open up my eyes and show me who
Has carried me and always been 
My ever-loving, faithful friend
He will still be with me when my work on earth is through


And now fast-forward past the almost accident.  Past my long practices in the shower. Past the giving it to my family to mold and shape.  Past the anxious recording time.  

Enter a saucy banjo.  Bring on a sassy mandolin chop.  Welcome the sway of a smooth fiddle.  


And there you have it.


Hearty hope.  
Joyful jubilation.  
Rapturous rejoicing.  
An upbeat uplift.  
Peace with some pep.


Song number 1 on:


www.cockmanfamily.com



And keep fast-forwarding... all the way to a calm drive home from church one Sunday afternoon, where just before we entered that same old intersection, a song came on the radio...God is Watching Over Me...

My voice.  
His words.  
Our song. 

And He reminded me again. 
God is truly watching over me.




3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. Thanks for reminding me how much we are shielded from without even knowing it. How awesome that when God gave you a glimpse you were able to use that to bless others. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy to hear the stories behind music I like. With the Tempo of the song I would never had guess it came from something so terrifying! Thanks Caroline - He is in control!

    ReplyDelete