Monday, March 19, 2012

Grandpa



Grandpa. 
One word defines him.
But a million words couldn't describe him.





I'm thankful for my grandpa. 
For the joy that is his, for the hero that he is, I am thankful. 
And I'm thankful that this first day of spring can only mean one thing.  
Somewhere, someday, somehow, someway...another spring awaits us all.

~He sits in the sunshine.  He breathes in its rays. 
He tells me a story of his younger days.
Bright yellow blossoms bend down to hear.
A butterfly flutters by, then hovers near.

He smiles at the children. He laughs as they come.
He holds out his arms to envelop each one.
The smell of wild onions and freshly tilled dirt
Set a spark in his eyes that is lively and pert.

He walks by the garden. He rests on the swing.
He soaks up the joy of this first day of spring.
Little blue flowers dance in the breeze,
Memories are molded by moments like these.~
                 ~C





No comments:

Post a Comment