Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me





Happy Birthday to Me




The past week has been a whirlwind of bubbly bliss, trembling tears, deep thoughts, apparent no-thoughts, satisfied sighs, doubts and dislikes, loud laughter, quiet moments, grand anticipations, peaceful ponderings, resilient reflections...and today I begin the second day of my fabulous forties. 

Where has the time gone? 

It's gone like a song.

That still sings on. and on. and on.

I hear it. In the sleepy babbling of my children, in the buzzing near my little garden, in the thank-yous for the food I cook, in the silly words I write, in the clatter and clamor and chaos all around me, in the I-love-yous of my man so true, in the whines of a fiddle and the twangs of a mandolin, in the voice of my mama on the phone, in the song of my deck-dwelling birds, in the laughter of my grandpa....it sings on and on and on...




Happy Day After To Me...and may I be blessed with many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment